Pages

Jul 1, 2011

Baumkuchen

Do you like online shopping?  I LOVE it!!  My favorite online shopping site is a Japanese online mall called "Rakuten Ichiba". http://www.rakuten.co.jp/

I like amazon.com but Rakuten has more diversified pastries (very important) than amazon.  However, sad to say, international shipping cost (at least $20 to the U.S.) will be charged..So I hadn't shopped at rakuten for more than 1 year.


But, miracle happened last month!! Rakuten had a one day free-shipping sale!!!  How could I miss it??  Yess, I bought a Baumkuchen (photo above) and it was delivered a couple days ago!! 

Baumkuchen (‘tree cake’ in German) is a traditional dessert in many countries throughout Europe and is also popular in Japan. Traditionally, bakers place a spit over woodfire (or heat source) and brush batter over it. When the layer turns golden brown, the process is repeated until the cake is done.

Anywayyyy, let's open it!! (can't wait!!)
ohhhhhhh, ladies and gentlemen, there is a knife in the box!! haha, How thoughtful! :D


 



Ho-ho-ho!
Hello Baumkuchen, welcome to my place :)
B・・・beautiful layers!!

It's difficult to see but the outermost layer is covered with chocolate.



Slice the Baum, put it on a plate, and bon appétit!

oishiiiii!! Yummmm!! It is soft and has a mellow sweetness, yet flavorful! I can have couple of cups of tea with only one bite!!  Sooo rich but not greasy at all.

I am hoping that Rakuten has a free-shipping sale more often! 


All natural, No artificial flavor
Chocolate Covered Baumkuchen 1,575 yen
Available at Rakuten Ichiba
Click↓

No comments:

Post a Comment